The process for animation and video begins well before you will start working with specialized software. Here are the production steps that professionals follow when making an animation or video:
- Pre-Production: In this phase, you outline your idea as a script and storyboard. These steps provide the road map. Here’s what you do:
- Write out an outline and script of what you want your project to be about.
- Convert your script or outline into a visual outline that shows that actions or visuals the viewer will see at each point of the outline. This is called a storyboard. You can use a template like this Storyboard Template and see more detailed instructions on storyboarding here.
- Production: Once you have your pre-production road map in place, you can start filming or animating. Here are some animation and video software that might be helpful.
- Post-Production: In this phase you incorporate audio, transitions, and fine-tune color issues. Then export your final project.