Participants may choose any communication project they would like and are encouraged to brainstorm ideas with each other and the Seminar faculty. Here are some examples of previous work:
- Blog – Defining an invasive species
- Infographic — Plastic Bag Pollution
- Facebook page — Everything You Need to Know about Nutrient Pollution
- Photography — Cheaper to Visit the Fish Market?
- Poster — Virginia Aquaculture: Oysters are good for the Bay!
- Video Animation – The Role of Oysters in Nitrogen Cycling
What you’ll see in these project examples is a wide variety in audiences, topics, and communication strategies. However, you’ll also see that the proposals are a starting point for these projects, but the project (including the final title) evolved over the course of the Seminar.